Saturday 6 February 2021

Exciting news

 I just had to share my exciting news as I am over the moon. Today I am absolutely thrilled to announce that my Fly Agaric mushroom photo has been placed 3rd in the IGPOTY ( International garden photographer of the year) Beauty of plants category. Super happy with this result - I made it one of my aims to get placed for the last two years. https://igpoty.com/winners-galleries/the-beauty-of-plants-14-gallery/

It was taken in my local nature reserve which I try to get to a couple of times a month. Last year there was an abundance of Fly agaric mushrooms, plus many others, which I could easily reach on my mobility scooter. I took along a mat to lie down on and a mini tripod, shutter release cable and mini LED light to capture these beauties. I have friends who were also exploring this nature reserve looking for different varieties of mushrooms to photograph and they would alert me to any varieties that were accessible, we helped each other to see specimens that some of us have never even seen before. So I am very thankful for their friendship and help.


I also won a competition with another mushroom from this park with the SWPP recently and have a 3rd one shortlisted for the SWPP Nature- plants and Fungi category too.



 All this has really picked me up and made me smile

No comments:

Post a Comment